Friday, January 23, 2009

The Prompt: Zak Kirwin

Zak Kirwin:

I don't rightly know what happens when I make art.  I am going to for safety's sake include everything creative and without practical application into the category art.  I think for myself I lose for a moment that tugging sensation that concrete issues of survival or impossible situations put on my heart.  It's like I am leaving behind more frustrating, or at least more senseless, problems and am going back to an old knotted ball of twine that I have been working at untangling for years.  I know many aspects of it, but am still mystified, but always excited to find a new route to begin untangling.  Thats one facet, though, I would say, and many more exist, many contradictory in nature.  I think that perhaps I just love exposing my brain and imagination to the harsh air of reality, just to see what results.  As far as making money for art, i don't think it illigitimate at all, nor do I think I will never do it, I just believe it will always be far inferior to that which is made for no reason at all, or that which is made as a gift.  that's where its at, but that won't feed you.  ooooh what a crux!  Thanks for giving me the chance to pontificate pretentiously!  Hope you are doing well, and would enjoy a true "catch up" email.  word. peace.  song.  Food.

No comments: